This post as you will read below is going to give you the complete guide about how you can solve the problem of YouTube 500 internal server error. Not only that you are also given the step by step complete process that helps you do that.
As well known by you that YouTube is one of the most popular websites. And this is the reason why it comes as the 2nd largest search engine online in today’s scenario.
Youtube 500 Internal Server Error
But as it is said, not everything is perfect every time. Hence there are times when you come across some errors while you are browsing on Youtube. One of those errors is called YouTube 500 Internal Server Error.
If you have encountered this error, do not worry because you are not alone. In fact, this is a valid error that YouTube users may experience once in a while.
Luckily, it can be easy to fix as it is easy for YouTube to sort itself out or wait for your browsing history to be cleared. That said, here are some reliable improvements you can try.
Quick Fix: Browser in Incognito Window
Sometimes browsing YouTube without cookies is the first aid solution in your YouTube 500 internal server error and for this, you will simply have to read the complete step by step process here below:
First of all open a ‘New Incognito Window’
Then you simply paste and go to the copied URL to this incognito window.
Now try refreshing the error page to find out whether it is fixed or not.
What Exactly is YouTube 500 internal server error [Know in Details]
If you experience a YouTube 500 internal server error, there is no need to worry if you are playing any of your favorite YouTube videos.
The problem is not due to your computer or perhaps your Internet connection. This error you can find is actually available on the server-side of the same YouTube and its hosting servers as well.
In some cases, this may be because their servers are getting hacked – in which case you can’t do anything but wait for the YouTube team to fix it.
In fact, hundreds of YouTube users have experienced the same problem, and they reported the issue to the YouTube support team in hopes of answering it. However, you can also make some quick fixes before sending tickets to support your customers.
Youtube 500 Internal Server Error-How to Fix it [Proven Steps]
This type of error occurs happens occasionally and can be experienced by you tuber around the world.
However, there are some cases where you can only experience it and it that is the case, then here are the fixes that you can simply experience and helps you fix that.
Try to Refresh YouTube
In some of the cases this error namely Youtube 500 Internal Server Error is going to occur and last only for temporary and what can help you with this is that simply you can refreshing the YouTube page you are going to sort out with it. Here is how:
To do this refreshing work, you will have to first either press the F5 button or Ctrl+5 on your keyboard.
You can either click on the refresh icon that is already located on the top left corner of your browser which is present right next to You tuber’s Website address and this is what you will have to attempt to reload it.
Finally, you can also try clicking that back/Forward button so that hopefully you can get rid of the YouTube Internal Server Error.
Clear Your Cache or Browsing History
This fix may vary depending on the browser you are using. In this improvement, we are going to cover Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera. This fix, provided by a user in the Quora community, includes the following steps:
On Google Chrome
- First of all, you will have to click on Setting tab there on the top right corner of the page.
- Next, Navigate to the Advanced Setting Tab.
- Then simply visit clear browsing data (an option present there)
- Now you will have to clear all the browsing histories, cookies, and other sites as well as plugins, saved passwords, cached images and also the files.
- Now simply go to the YouTube Website and there you can see if the problem is being fixed or not.
In order to try the same in Firefox you simply will have to navigate to the Firefox Setting.
- Then navigate to Clear Private Data
- Then simply go with the Clear Private Data Section
- Now go to the Cookies/ Cache section.
- Now click on the Clear Private data button there
- Now on the OK button at last.
- After all the processes are done properly, you can simply go back to YouTube and try to revisit it again.
On Microsoft Edge
- In this case also, first of all, go to the Setting button.
- Then head towards the Clear Browsing Data section and also click on the “Choose what to Clear” option available there.
- Here, in this case, you can manually choose what you will have clear and what you have to keep. The most important thing that you will have to include is browsing history, cookies, cache or simply click on the checkbox which is present right next to each of them.
- Now click on the clear button at the end.
- Once all these things are done, you can simply go back to the YouTube page and refresh it to use again.
On Internet Explorer
- The first process is to go to the Settings tab
- Then visit Internet Options available there.
- Now visit the General Tab there.
- Now to the Browsing History/ Temporary Internet files as well as website files that are available there.
- Now Click Delete and then again revisit the YouTube website there.
Choose Privacy Section which you can find in the Preferences section
Under the section of Cookies and other website data, simply click on Remove All Website Data. At the same time, you can also click on Details in case you want to get out of website-specific cookies. You may also simply click Develop menu there and then the option of Empty Caches.
Finally, proceed next to find out if the YouTube website is properly started functioning again or not.
- Navigate to the Setting tab.
- Now visit towards Clear Browsing Data option.
- Now simply find out the Cookies and other and other site data option that is available there and then click on Yes.
- Now simply go back and try to reopen the YouTube again.
Contact YouTube Support Group
Once you have already tried all of the above options, but are still not able to fix Error 500, your final method of fixing the problem is to contact YouTube’s support group. You can contact them via phone at 1 (650) 253-0000. You can also connect them through your YouTube, FaceBook, or Twitter pages.
Patiently Wait for the YouTube Team to Fix It
If you have encountered a YouTube 500 internal server error while watching your favorite videos on YouTube, you can usually get a message that they are already solving the problem and are looking for a fix.
If you experience this error, all you need to do is wait for a few seconds or a minute, then try to reopen the YouTube site as iMobie suggests. In this case, you have to leave it to the YouTube team to detect, analyze and quickly fix the error.
What you Can do to Fix This Error?
Method 1: Refresh the page. The error may be temporary.
Method 2: Restart your browser or switch to another browser.
Method 3: Restart your router.
Method 4 4 Use Chrome as your browser (delete all cookies and clear the cache.
What is the 500 internal Server Error?
500 Internal Server Error is a very common HTTP status code which means that something went wrong on the web site’s server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.
How do I Fix Internal Server Error?
- Reload the web page.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Delete your browser’s cookies.
Troubleshooting as a 504 gateway timeout error instead.
- Contacting the website directly is another option.
- Come back later.
How do I get 500 Internal Server Error?
500 internal server errors run on every page of your site when there is a problem with the server or file system that is powering your site. It is most likely to be in the root directory where your Word Press files are, but may also be due to a problem on your host’s server.
Why do we get 500 internal server error?
Because of any syntax errors, 500 internal server error messages will be displayed instead of your website. To confirm whether the incorrect conversion is the cause of the .htaccess 500 internal server error, either temporarily extract or rename the .htaccess file and then try to reload the page.
How do I Clear my YouTube Cache?
- In chrome app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- In the top right, tap more.
- Clear browsing data Tap History.
- Above all, choose a time frame. To delete everything, select All Time.
- Next to “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Images and Files”, check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
Now that it is already clear that the YouTube 500 internal server error message has nothing to do with your device or internet connection, there is nothing to really worry about. This type of error simply means that a request to connect to the YouTube server has been thrown on a server that is unrecognizable; therefore, the request may not be able to find its correct route.
And since we have no idea when a YouTube 500 internal server error will occur, you can instead download the intended videos so that you can watch them even when you are offline or when YouTube is experiencing an error.
Hopefully, the fixes above by us can help you fix the internal server problem. However, even if you have tried all the recommended fixes, but the error still persists, it is either you wait for their team to fix it, or contact them directly.