The Window Update Error 80072efe is a common issue through all the Windows Operating System’s versions. However, this issue is easy to fix because it is a specific error that is related to the Windows Update Service.
Generally, when this issue occurs then the following error messages appear which is “Windows update encountered an unknown error” or “Some updates were not installed” Some updates were not installed: ## Error(s) found: Code 80072EFE”. However, you do not need to worry if the message looks in a different format.
Window Update Error 80072efe
Must Check: How to Disable Laptop Keyboard
This problem may occur while shutting down or starting the computer. While reinstalling the Operating system, this issue may also appear. Some can also get this issue while installing the Microsoft associated software.
Due to this error, not only your updates stop but it may also slow it down as well as crashes the programs on your computer. Therefore, this is one of the most disturbing errors. But you don’t need to worry. Because in this article, which is offering by the website getupdatedaily.com, we are going to share all the possible solutions which help you to resolve this issue successfully. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about the solutions.
Must Check: pvp.net Patcher Kernel Has Stopped Working
Reasons Behind the Error Code 80072EFE
There are many reasons for this issue. Some of them may be basic glitches and others may be complex. Below we are going to mention all the causes of this issue. So now, let’s take a look below.
- Junk files on the PC.
- Corrupt Windows registry files.
- Damaged system drivers.
- Virus on the system.
- Unsteady internet connection.
- Antivirus programs on the device.
- Wrong network configuration.
Must Check: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
How to Solve Windows Update Error 80072EFE [Six Solutions]
There are multiple solutions through which you can solve the problem. As there are multiple reasons behind this issue, the solutions are also multiple. Each solution used to resolve individual causes that help you to overcome this issue. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about the solutions.
Must Check: Talkatone Login On Computer
Solution 1: Troubleshoot Windows Update
Troubleshoot Windows Update is one of the great solutions to resolve this issue. This helps not only with this particular error but also with the similar glitches that interrupt the updates on your computer. Below we are going to mention the steps which help you to do this successfully.
- At first, you have to click on the Start Menu and then you have to open the “Control Panel”.
- Then in the resultant window, you have to enter “Troubleshooting” in the given search box.
- Then you have to click on “View All” and then you have to select the “Windows Update” option which is available on the bottom.
- Now, you have to continue with the on-screen instructions through which you will be able to troubleshoot the error.
In many cases, these steps will resolve all the windows update errors. Still, if the issue appears, then you have to go with the other solutions that we are going to mention below.
Must Check: Error Connecting To Apple Id Server
Solution 2: Remove Junk Files
Accumulated junk files are another major cause behind this issue. This is not only the cause of this issue but also for the others. By these junk files, the hard disk is also overloaded which is the main reason behind the slow computers. So, below we are going to mention the steps which help you to remove the junk files. You have to simply read and follow the steps given below.
- At first, you have to press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Then you have to select the option “Command Prompt”.
- If it prompts to run as administrator, then you have to simply click on “Yes”.
- In the command prompt window, you have to type the following command “cleanmgr” and then you have to hit Enter.
- This tool will check for the space on the hard disk that is taken by these unnecessary files. It will also check for the temporary files which are useless.
- Now, you have to simply click on “OK” to remove all the Junk Files. You have to wait for a few seconds until the tool completes its function.
Now, you have to go to the Update Service and then you have to check if the error still exists or not.
Must Check: Err_Connection_Closed Mac
Solution 3: Upgrade System Drivers
Harmful system drivers may be the reason that someone encounters such a glitch. Therefore, if it is the reason, then by updating it you can fix it immediately. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about the steps which help you to update it successfully.
- At first, you have to right-click on the “My Computer” and then you have to select the “Properties” option from the available options.
- Then you have to select the “Device Manager”.
- Then you have to check for any device which has a yellow color exclamation mark.
- Then you have to right-click on the device and then you have to select the “Update Driver” option.
- Then you have to simply Restart your PC.
If this was the main reason behind the issue, then now the issue will not appear.
Must Check: Gmail Error 007
Solution 4: Run System File Checker
The built-in tool that examines files may help you to resolve the issue. The tool repairs the corrupt files on your computer which may be the reason for this issue.
- First, you have to click on the “Start” and then there you have to enter the “cmd” command in the given search box.
- Now, you have to open the command prompt by pressing CTRL + Shift + Enter and then you have to click on “OK”.
- Then there you have to type the following command “chkdsk/f/r” in the window.
- Then on the resultant window, you have to type “Y”.
- To complete the process, you have to restart the computer to run the command. Let the tool complete its work and continue what you were doing when an error occurred.
Must Check: CAMHI For PC
Solution 5: System Restore
An alternative method is to restore the system when it was working well. Below, we are going to mention the steps to do so. So now, let’s take a look below.
- At first, you have to open the Start Menu to open the Control Panel.
- Then you have to select the option “System” from the Control Panel window.
- Then you have to go to the “System Protection” tab and then you have to simply click on “System Restore”.
- There you have to select an earlier date where you want to go back.
Note: System Restore method is possible only when a restore point is set up in advance.
Must Check: SafePrice Remove
Solution 6: Delete CatRoot2 Folder
If the previous methods won’t be able to solve the issue, then you have to try to delete a specific folder such as the CatRoot2 folder. Below we are going to mention the steps through which you will be able to do so. So now, let’s take a look below.
- First, you have to click on “Start > Run”.
- Then in the Run box, you have to enter the command “services.msc” and then press the Enter.
- From the options you have to double click on “Cryptographic Services” and then you have to press “Stop”.
- Next, you have to go to the “C:\Windows\System32\” folder.
- And then finally, you have to delete the CatRoot
Must Check: Rats WebGL Hit a Snag
Once done, try running Windows Update and see if the problem still persists.
If none of the options work then the best option would be to reinstall the operating system. The above solution may not be able to resolve the error as it may be due to several reasons. A fresh installation is the last resort.
Must Check: GC Invoker Utility Issues
Windows Update error 80072EFE is a very frustrating issue to experience. Sometimes problems can occur due to faulty hardware. Therefore, it is also best to check the hardware.
All the information that we mentioned above will help you to fix the issue “Window Update Error 80072efe”. Hopefully, this article will be beneficial for you. Now, if you want to share your feedback or if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us, we will get back as soon as possible.