The United States Postal Service does not only specialize to provide the most efficient and timely service to its customers but also enables them to use other additional services as well. One of those services involves tracking one’s mail.
The USPS does not work with choosing and delivering shipments. However, this organization also offers the facility to see its customers where their shipment is actually and when it is likely to reach its destination. In this article, which is offering by the website USPSTrackingHub.com, we are going to share all the possible information regarding USPS Tracking Number, its format, and how to find it, etc.
USPS Tracking Number
We will also discuss other details on where the tracking number is on the USPS receipt under the header, and things related to priority mail search numbers. The main motive of this article is to update you with almost everything related to this number. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about USPS Tracking Number.
USPS tracking is a service that provides US Postal Service to its customers, where users of the USPS have the facility to track their package. This service provided by the USPS is called USPS Tracking. It is mandatory to provide this type of service for the USPS because in the present world, the customers have become smart and they want to be updated on every step of the process.
Similarly, in the case of using the USPS services, customers want to know that their package where they are ordered is lying. Keeping an eye on it makes it easy for customers to get the latest updates of the orders placed by them. This tracking facility helps customers to see their package end to end, from the beginning of the order until the end of the order.
All the domestic shipping products in the USPS automatically include a US Post Office tracking number. But, the USPS does not include the USPS tracking service with the commercial standard mail parcel because the commercial standard mail parcels are not like domestic mailing. However, you also have the option of availing the tracking facility on commercial standard mail parcels, but by paying the additional cost.
However, you should know that this extra service does not guarantee delivery. To obtain the signature of the person receiving the order, which acts as proof of delivery, you must add one of the services compatible with international products. It is a mechanism for tracking international packages by using the USPS international tracking number.
What is the USPS Tracking Number?
The employees of the USPS or post office are allowed to make any package trackable. For this purpose, they provide a tracking number for almost all the packages from the USPS customer. The number that USPS allocates to its customers is called the USPS track number. This number is also known as a label number or an article number.
But, to purchase any product, you must have one of the lists mentioned below with the USPS mail included with it, only then will you be able to track your package by obtaining this number. If you do not have a single post with your product, you cannot get a USPS number. The USPS tracking numbers are automatically included in the list of incoming mail:
- Certified Mail
- Collect on Delivery
- Registered Mail
- USPS Tracking
- Priority Mail
- Global Express Guaranteed
- Signature Confirmation
This was a list of the posts that should be for your product so that you can get the numbers for your product. But, if you do not have any of the above mentioned above, you cannot get the tracking number. Although you can get the convenience of this number by paying an additional cost in some cases.
USPS Tracking Number Format
Talking about how long this number is, let us tell you that the US Postal Service tracking number is normally a 22-digit number. However, the number of digits can vary depending on the USPS service you are using. Different services offered by the USPS can have different types of tracking numbers.
To explain the USPS tracking order number, below is a list of some examples of tracking digits without various services:
- Priority Mail number: 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
- US post office tracking number: 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Collect on Delivery Hold for Pickup number: 9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Certified Mail number: 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail Express International number: EC 000 000 000 US
- Global Express Guaranteed number: 82 000 000 00
- Priority Mail Express number: 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00 and EA 000 000 000 US
- Registered Mail number: 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail International number: CP 000 000 000 US
- Signature Confirmation number: 9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
These were examples of various USPS tracking numbers. Since USPS postage does not provide tracking facility for all its services, you have to see for yourself which postages provide it and which do not before finalizing your order.
How to Find the USPS Tracking Number?
Below, we are going to mention the complete procedures to get the USPS Tracking Number. Simply read and follow the instructions mentioned below.
- First of all, you should know that the USPS posting automatically includes the USPS tracking facility. As you know not all USPS postage includes the tracking feature by default. There are only a few services that include a United States Postal Service tracking number. Before buying the product online, you should know that only include automatic tracking labels on delivery, certified mail, USPS tracking, global express guarantee, priority mail, registered mail, and signature confirmation. With this postage only, you can find this label. If these types of postages are not included in your product, then it is not possible for you to get a shipping number, unless you add USPS tracking service by paying extra money.
- Second, for the USPS tracking number lookup, you have to save the receipt that the US Post Office provides to you. You will be able to find your shipping label on the slip or given receipt. If you are unable to locate the same, you can also seek the help of one of the employees of the US Post Office to show the shipping number mentioned on the receipt. They will be happy to help you. You must keep this receipt given to you safely. A tracking label is a long number of different digits. You should know that this tracking number is also called an article or label number.
- You can also trace the tracking number in your email. If you order something online, you will receive an email where the label number will be mentioned.
- United States Post Office Label number can also be highlighted in your account of the site where you can order the product. You can write down the shipping label number from that site.
- Now that you have shipping no. From one of these locations, you need to visit the main site of the USPS. On the homepage of the USPS official website which is usps.com, you will see a blank space at the top for the shipping number search. You have to enter the number there and click on enter. The site will show the status of your product. You can know the package status of someone by sending that number to 28777. As you send the message, you will receive a message from the USPS mentioning the status of your package.
Tracking Number on USPS Receipt
The USPS shipping number location is not difficult to locate because there is no USPS tracking number. Many numeric digits are included. But, there are many people who have complained that they are unable to find the USPS tracking number and they are not able to track their shipments. They are not able to find their shipping label number.
USPS label or on receipt. If you are also not able to find your shipping label. On your receipt, then you don’t have to worry, because here we explain how to find the United States Postal Service (USPS) tracking label number on your USPS receipt.
You can find your US Postal Tracking Number at one of the given locations:
- You can get your trackable number on shipping receipt of your post office.
- At the post office, if you have purchased insurance, then you can find it on your sales receipt.
- If you have sent your mail item from the official site of USPS.com, you can find it in your email inbox.
- Below the tracking label, you can also check the number. In other words, shipping number can be mentioned on the peel-off portion of the tracking label.
- This is equally likely to be confirmed in an email sent by an online retailer.
- If you’ve missed the USPS delivery, you can find it behind the Orange Slip, which you might have found.
Perhaps, after checking the post office tracking number, you will find it at one place from the list above. Now that you know that to find this number, you can easily track your mail items, which the USPS has sent to you.
Priority Mail Tracking Number
The Priority Mail Service provided by the USPS includes the USPS tracking label number feature automatically. It will also be available online or at your local post office. This will depend on the mail class you select. You do not need to pay any additional cost to avail the facility of the USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number.
Priority Mail Tracking provides updates when the USPS sends priority mailing items to their destination. This includes a delivery date and delivery time or delivery attempts. The sample of the USPS priority shipping number will appear as follows:
- 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
With this article, we had tried to share the complete information regarding USPS Tracking Number. Hopefully, this article will be helpful to you. Now, if you want to share your feedback or if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us.