If you are looking to uninstall Skype for Business, and if you don’t know the procedures to uninstall it, then you don’t need to worry. Here in this article, which is offering by the website getupdatedaily.com, we are going to share all the possible methods which help you to uninstall Skype for Business successfully.
Below in this article, we have included the guidelines regarding both the Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
Uninstall Skype for Business
It is important to know that if you are using the Office 365 Skype for Business, then it is not possible to uninstall Skype for business office 365 from your computer without removing the remaining Microsoft Office suite. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about the methods which help you to remove Skype for Business.
Uninstall Skype for Business – What is Skype for Business?
Skype is an application through which you will be able to do video calling and this app came into the existence in the year 2003. The app was founded by the two guys Niklas Zennstorm and Janus Friis, who were from Sweden.
Skype was purchased by eBay in the year 2005 in the month of September for a price tag of $2.6 billion.
In a major announcement, Microsoft acquired Skype from eBay for $8.5 billion and built the service as we see it today.
But Microsoft has developed another version of Skype which is totally for the enterprise use that doesn’t like by the home users and they hate it because it hinders their day to day home usage in the Windows Operating System.
Below in this article, we are going to share all the possible information regarding it as well as with this article, you will be able to know how uninstall Skype for business. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about it.
How to Uninstall Skype for Business – 4 Ways
If you are looking for the complete guidelines to uninstall Skype for Business, then you have to simply read and follow the steps given below.
Office Support Removal Recommendation
First Step: Prevent Skype for Business from Starting Automatically.
- In Skype for Business, first, you have to select the Tools icon and then navigate to Tools > Options.
- Then you have to select Personal and then you have to un-select the option which is for the automatically start the app while login to Windows and then start the app in the foreground.
- Then you have to select the OK button.
- After that, you have to select the file and then you have to choose Exit.
Second Step: From your Personal Computer, get rid of Skype for Business
Microsoft state that if you are using Office 365 Skype for Business, then it is not possible to remove it without deleting the rest of the Microsoft Office suite from your personal computer.
This is due to the fact that it is included with the other office applications. The latter guidelines are suitable for the customers who have the standalone versions of Skype for Business.
- First, you have to go to the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program.
- You have to choose the Skype for Business and then select Uninstall option. (If you don’t see Skype for Business shown, you’re using a version that is integrated with other Office 365 applications. The only way to uninstall it is to get rid of all the Office from your computer).
- Under the Control Panel, you have to select the Uninstall programs and after that, you have to pick Skype for Business.
- At Ready to Uninstall? Prompt choose the Uninstall.
- When this is done to uninstall itself, then you have to choose Close.
Uninstall Skype for Business Mac – How to do?
You will get an article on Microsoft Support that describes you how to ‘clean’ the uninstallation of Microsoft Skype for Business on Mac.
To complete the uninstallation process of Skype for Business on a Macintosh co, you have to simply follow the steps given below:
- Access your personal computer through the use of administrative credentials.
- Then you have to exit Skype for Business on a Mac while it is working.
- Then you have to drag the Skype for Business on Mac program to the Trash.
- Now, you have to come out from the existing Skype preferences if these hidden files exist.
To accomplish this, simply use the steps given below:
- In the Finder menu, you have to simply click on Go and then you have to click on Go to Folder. Then delete the subsequent files:/Users/<User>/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Users/<User>/Library/Logs/LwaTracing/Users/<User>/Saved Application State/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState/Users/<User>/Preferences/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.plistErase the following file:/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
- Under the Applications/Utilities folder, you have to open up Keychain Access.
- Under the logon keychains, you have to erase Skype for Business.
Registry Removal Option
If all the above-mentioned instructions won’t be effective for you, then you have another option is to disable it in your registry.
You will be erasing any Skype records from the registry — but beware: if you change the registry improperly, there may be major issues, so make sure you follow the steps that we are going to mention below from Microsoft carefully.
To be safe, it is wise to back up your registry before making any modifications.
For further guidelines, let’s check out the Microsoft support community.
- At first, you have to press the Windows + R keys altogether, then you have to type in Regedit in the Run dialog box and then simply click on the OK
- After the click, the Registry Editor will appear on the screen.
- Then there you have to click Edit > and then Find.
- Then you have to enter Skype into the Find box and then you have to simply click on Find Next.
- Then you have to right-click to delete all the search listings (Microsoft reports that there may be up to 50 of them).
Note: Improperly placing Registry Editor can cause major issues that may need you to reinstall your operating system.
According to Microsoft, it cannot ensure that difficulties resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor may be resolved. Use Registry editing at your own discretion.
How to Perform a Silent Uninstall
Silent uninstalls, or quite uninstalls, are usually done to simplify the uninstallation process and require less attention from the end-user.
According to one Skype user, follow the Microsoft Technet’s instructions for operating Skype for Business silent uninstall. Specifically, they state that you will have to run Setup to remove the desired software from the user’s personal computer.
For the software product that you want to remove, you must set the value of [ProductID] in the Setup.xml file.
We hope, all the information that we mentioned above will help you to uninstall Skype for Business. To follow the above-mentioned instructions, you will be able to uninstall Skype for Business successfully. Now, if you want to share your feedback or if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us, we will get back as soon as possible.