While using the NVIDIA graphics card, you may get an error saying “Unable to Connect to NVIDIA”. Then try to connect again. Again this error appears, then you don’t need to worry. Because, you are not alone who getting this error, many NVIDIA users have also reported regarding this error that saying GeForce Experience will not open.
Unable to Connect to NVIDIA
In this article, which is offering by the website getupdatedaily.com, we are going to share the complete guide regarding this error and to follow the information given below, you will be able to fix this error successfully. So now, keep reading and follow the information given below.
What Causes Behind The Error “Unable to Connect to NVIDIA”?
For the NVIDIA users, this error is specific. If you get your computer with another graphic card like Intel, AMD, etc., then you won’t see this error.
The error occurs due to any of the following reasons that we are going to mention below.
- You are running an older version of the GeForce Experience.
- The NVIDIA Network Service is not responding.
Unable to connect to NVIDIA may appear differently to you. It mainly depends on which program/game is intended to reach GeForce and for what purpose. Some changes to this error are mention below.
- Unable to download the recommended driver by the GeForce Experience.
- The NVIDIA GeForce Experience is unable to connect to the NVIDIA.
- NVIDIA Servers down.
When you are getting this error while updating the device drivers or simply trying to start the game, it can be irritating. So now, to solve this error, you have to simply follow the methods that we are going given below.
Method 1: Upgrade GeForce Experience Program
Note: If you have the latest GeForce Experience program installed, then you have to simply skip this method.
The GeForce Experience is a program that updates the NVIDIA drivers from the official server. If you are using an older version of the GeForce Experience, then you will get this error when the program checks for the driver update.
To resolve this error, the easiest way is to update the GeForce Experience to the latest version. So now, to update this program, you have to simply follow the steps given below.
- At first, you have to simply make your visit at the official GeForce Experience page.
- There you have to look for a download button to download the latest version of the program.
- Then start downloading this application.
- Once you download this application successfully, then you have to install the program on your computer.
The installation process is very simple. You have to double-click on the downloaded file and then you have to follow on-screen prompts. After completing the installation process, you have to simply restart your computer.
To follow the steps mentioned above, you should not get the error now. But still, if you are receiving this pop-up, then you have to go with the next method.
Method 2: Change the Status of the NVIDIA Services from the ‘Starting’ to ‘Started’
As we mentioned above, this error can be caused by being unable to start the NVIDIA Network Service. If you want to resolve this error, then you have to simply start this service.
Note: Since this method includes several stages, we are going to break it down into three main steps with several instructions under each step. So now, simply follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Check NVIDIA Service Status
- To check the NVIDIA service status, first, you have to press Windows + R key together on your keyboard.
- Then the Run box will open.
- There you can see a dialog box, where you have to enter the commands.
- There you have to type ‘service.msc’ and then tap the Enter button or click on the OK
- After the click, you will be redirected to the Services window.
- There you have to find the NVIDIA Network Service.
- The status of the service will display as ‘starting’.
You should have to note that the service is in the ‘starting’ state. This means that it has not ‘started’, so problems are arising.
To resolve this error, you should have to start this service.
Now, you have to leave this window here and then proceed with the next step where we stop some system tasks. In this way, we can change the status of this service from ‘starting’ to ‘started’.
Step 2: Delete the NSManagedTasks.xml File and Stop the Related Task
- At first, you have to open the following folder C > ProgramData > NVIDIA Corporation > NetService.
- In this folder, you have to locate the NSManagedTasks.xml file.
- If you won’t be able to see the file, then you have to enable ‘show hidden files’ from the folder menu.
- There you have to select this file and then delete it.
- Now, you have to open the Task Manager.
- Then you have to click on the Details tab which you can find on the top.
- Then there you have to find NvStreamNetworkService.exe.
- Then you have to right-click on it and then click on the End Task.
Once you successfully completed this important step, then you have to go towards the third and the final step which helps you to restart the service to fix the error “GeForce Experience won’t open”.
Step 3: Start the NVIDIA Service
Now, you have to start the NVIDIA Service. This time, it will be stable while updating the device drivers. So now, simply follow the steps given below.
- At first, you have to go to the Service window as we did in Step 1 of this method.
- Then you have to locate the NVIDIA Network Service.
- Now, you have to right-click and start the service.
- You should have to notice that the status of the service has now changed from the ‘starting’ to ‘started’.
Hopefully, all the information that we mentioned above will help you to fix the error “Unable to Connect to NVIDIA”. To follow all the above-given steps, you will be able to fix this error successfully. We hope, this article will be beneficial for you. Now, if you want to share your feedback or if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us, we will get back as soon as possible.