The product launch on Tuesday introduced iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max; the Apple Watch Series 5, and a new version of the entry-level iPad. As always the eye-catching aspect was the iphone out of all the products, still apart from the products the company gave details on the Apple Arcade and Apple TV+.
Why the iphone is important to apple is because of the simple fact that it accounts for more than half of their revenue. And somehow the iPhones were not the keynote of the event, what was interesting was the new iphone 11’s price and the subsequent price cut in the cost of iphone XR.
Let’s have a look at the newest iPhones and why the pricing caught the attention of the investors.
Similar to the ongoing trend, this year as well the market got one lower-cost iphone and two high-quality models. The difference between the cheaper and costly iphone can be detected easily with the help of their name as Apple has attached the word “Pro” to the high-end models.
Here are the new range of iPhones
- Iphone 11 – The all new and cheaper iphone 11 starts at the price of $699. Clearly, it is the successor to the iphone XR, launched by Apple last year. The iphone 11 price is lower than the iphone Pro and iphone pro max and it is available in a wide variety of colors. The iphone 11 has liquid crystal display a big differentiation from the iPhone 11 pro and iphone 11 pro max, which measures 6.1 inches. Now how is it different from the iphone XR? Well, it has a better camera then iphone XR along with improved battery life and also the new processor of Apple – A13 Bionic.
- Iphone 11 Pro – Iphone 11 pro is the first high-end model out of the three introduced and so the starting price of iphone 11 pro is $999. In comparison to iphone 11, the iphone 11 pro has smaller display of 5.8inches. And the good thing is the OLED(organic light-emitting diode) display which the iphone 11 lacks. The iphone 11 pro also has a better camera than the iphone 11 and it includes the A13 processor chip as well.
- Iphone 11 pro max – The iphone 11 pro max is the second high end and latest phone in the iphone series to date. Similarly it’s pricing starts at $1099. Iphone 11 pro max is the replacement to the iphone xs max. There is not much difference in the iphone 11 pro and iphone 11 pro max apart from the 6.5-inch display. It also provides the extended battery life which will last five more hours than the iphone xs max which the longest battery life out of all the iPhones.
The Catchy Pricing Factor
Even if the price of iphone 11 is not cheap, it still is lower than the iphone XR which started at $749 last year. Also the amazing thing is the drop in the price of iphone XR which is $150 and so now the iphone XR will cost you $599.
These new prices may give the much-needed boost to Apple. As the revenue of apple has been declining for a while now. Also the company stopped reporting it’s unit sales of iphone since it has gone down and is likely to fall.
The transition of apple into a business model that focuses on monetizing its list of active users through their services makes the “affordable pricing of iPhones” strategy a good one. This might increase the unit sales growth of iphone for apple through which they can earn good by monetizing it with apps and services.
Detailing of the latest iPhones
- iPhone 11 Pro – 5.8-inch OLED, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, True Tone, 2436 x 1125 pixels (458 PPI), 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Dolby Vision / HDR10, 82.1% screen-to-body ratio
- iPhone 11 – 6.1-inch LCD, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, True Tone, 1792 x 828 pixels (326 PPI), 1,400:1 contrast ratio, Dolby Vision / HDR10, 79.0% screen-to-body ratio
- iPhone 11 Pro – 144 x 71.4 x 8.1 mm (5.67 x 2.81 x 0.32 in) and 188 g (6.63 oz)
- iPhone 11 – 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm (5.94 x 2.98 x 0.33 in) and 194 g (6.84 oz)
Camera – Double and Triple
- Primary Camera– 12 MP, f/1.8 aperture, 26mm, 1.4µm pixel size, Optical Image stabilization (OIS), Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K 60fps video
- Ultrawide Camera– 12 MP, f/2.4 aperture, 13mm
- Telephoto Camera(iPhone 11 Pro only) – 12 MP, f/2.0 aperture, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- Front Camera– 12MP ‘TrueDepth’ module, f/2.2 aperture
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro – Apple A13 ‘Bionic’ chipset: Six-Core CPU, Four-Core GPU, Neural Engine – 8 cores
- iPhone Pro only: U1 Ultra-Wideband chip
- iPhone XR – 2,942 mAh
- iPhone 11 – 3110 mAh
- iPhone XS – 2,658 mAh
- iPhone 11 Pro – 3190 mAh
Storage and Price
- iPhone 11 – 64GB ($699), 128GB ($749), 256GB ($849)
- iPhone 11 Pro – 64GB ($999), 256GB ($1,149), 512GB ($1,349)
Now which one iphone is best suited to you? For this, you have to make a list of things which you want in your smartphone and then sort out the ones which are more and which are less important. Then according to your set of required qualities and taking into consideration the price, make the choice. For example if weight of the phone is an important factor for you would want iphone 11 instead of iphone 11 pro or if OLED display and longer battery life are more important to you than weight then you will choose the latter one. So similarly you can go on to differentiate between the two smartphones or maybe you want neither of these instead you decide to go for iphone XR as it fulfills your set of required qualities and comes under budget as well.