As we all know that RSS or also called as Really Simple Syndication refers to the files that can be easily read by the computer which automatically updates the information. This information that is generated can be read by the user in the form of latest updates from several other websites on one page. So today here we are going to see what are the steps for using an RSS feed in ie.
In the RSS feed, the information that is visible is seen as a full content. The latest one is displayed on the top and as the information is added, the older content is pushed to lower order which are posted in chronological order.
Steps for Using an RSS Feed in IE
The RSS feed you will get only the title, a little description with an rss link to the content or the web page. For the convenience, an aggregator is used.
In this guide, we will see the detailed steps to make an entry in an RSS feed of any website without the requirement of any software or any XML code. Other advantages of RSS feed include the following:
- It will boost the traffic of the website as now the web pages of your website will get indexed in the blog search engines and online feed readers.
- It also increases the visibility and adds the same advantage of boosting the traffic of the website in addition to the regular web searches occurring by the user.
How to make the RSS Feeds through Google Reader
In case you are the owner of a website and the website is small e.g. 20-30 pages overall. Now, this website can be created using the HTML. Now you also want that the customers should automatically come to know whenever you launch new expertise or when you are running a promotion on the website then rss order feed comes into action.
Now we will tell you here how to generate the RSS feed through Google Reader. There is absolutely no problem that you do not have any previous knowledge of the RSS feed and publishing the XML web feeds for the website.
How to Generate the RSS Feeds
Generating the RSS feed is as easy as you know. But the fact is how will you do it. There should be no issue in generating the RSS feeds as we will tell you here each step for using an RSS feed in internet explorer and how you can generate the RSS feed. You can generate the RSS feed using very simple software which is also available online which is called as Google Reader. Follow the steps below as explained here:
- You have to make a login to your Google Reader account.
- You have to just drag and drop the note in reader link from the web page of your website into the bookmarks toolbar of your web browser.
- Now manually you have to pen all the web pages of your personal website.
- Only open those pages which are needed to be included in the RSS feed and the pages like the contact us page, Terms and conditions page and other unnecessary pages are not to be included in the RSS feed.
- Now you have to only select the relevant content from the web page like the images and texts or the clips and videos of YouTube.
- Then you have to press the Note In Reader button.
- A pop up will appear in the browser.
- Now you have to click on the Add Tags and we have to assign some tags to the web page. Make sure that same tags should be attached to the same page.
- Now just close the browser and use the same process to each of all the other pages that you want to add in the RSS feed box.
- Now visit the Google Reader Settings >> Folders and Tags and click on the grey icon which is placed next to the website tag so that it should be public.
- Now you will see a new link displaying the “view public page”.
- Copy this URL to the clipboard.
- The generation of RSS feed is now completed.
Now click on next and it is the time to give the RSS feed a catchy title and an address. To see the things what is going around and to preview the feed you can subscribe to the news feed in Google Reader.
At last when you want to add some new web pages to your website you have to repeat some of the steps as mentioned above. Alternatively, the following code can also be added to the line of code in the HTML web pages (inside the <HEAD> tag). This code is used so that to enable auto discover the RSS feed:
<link rel=”alternate” type=”application/rss+xml” title=”webpage” href=”http://feedproxy.google.com/webpage” />
This is the way how to change news feed on internet explorer and steps for using an rss feed in ie are described as above. Now easily you can make your own RSS feed through the above steps. In case of any problem just comment in the comment section below and you will be guided by our experts on the same. Do comment your valuable suggestion to us so that we can improve this guide further and provide you with more of these kinds of tips and tricks.