While using the Google Chrome browser, sometimes you will get the error “Rats! WebGL hit a snag”.
This error appears when WebGL content is not browser-friendly or if it contains an error. When the browser tries to access the WebGL on any website, then this error appears.
Rats WebGL Hit a Snag
Must Check: Talkatone Login On Computer
In this article which is offering by the website getupdatedaily.com, we are going to share the complete guide regarding this error and to follow the methods given below, you will be able to fix this online graphic rendering error. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about it.
Must Check: CAMHI For PC
What is WebGL?
WebGL stands for the Web Graphics Library which is responsible for the rendering interactive 2D and 3D graphics in any web browser which is compatible with it. Furthermore, the WebGL does not need any plug-ins or add-ons to perform, which makes it special in its own way.
Must Check: pvp.net Patcher Kernel Has Stopped Working
How to Fix “Rats! WebGL Hit a Snag” Error?
“Rats! WebGL hit a snag” is a graphic render error that comes in the Google Chrome browser.
Also, once you get this error message, then the same error message will occur every time when your browser uses WebGL.
Reloading the website or opening another website, that needs WebGL won’t work either. Therefore, in order to fix this error, you have to simply follow the solutions that we are going to share below. So now, let’s take a look below.
Must Check: How to Disable Laptop Keyboard
Solution 1: Fix by Enabling Hardware Acceleration in the Google Chrome
This solution is one of the simplest ways through which you will be able to fix this browser error.
This method enables Google Chrome to access your computer’s GPU whenever WebGL content needs to be provided while surfing the Internet.
So now, simply follow the steps given below to fix easily this error.
- First, you have to launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Then you have to simply click on the Customize and control Google Chrome button, which you can find on the top-right corner of the browser.
- Now, simply click on the Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Then Scroll down the page and simply click on the “Advanced” option to open advanced Google Chrome settings.
- Now there you have to find the settings under the System tab.
- Then you have to enable the option that reads Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Now, you have to close and re-launch the browser and see for the changes to take place or not.
Once you save the changes, then you have to try to reload the website. If this solution works, then your browser will be able to load WebGL content on any website without any errors.
However, if “WebGL hit a snag” error still remains, then you have to go with the next solution.
Must Check: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Solution 2: Fix by Resetting the Enabled Flags in the Google Chrome
To follow the above solution, if you won’t be able to resolve this error, then to fix this error you have to reset the flag enabled in Google Chrome.
Also, if you feel that your computer can’t handle the WebGL content, then you can disable it completely.
So now, simply follow the steps given below which help you to reset your enabled flags in Google Chrome:
Must Check: GC Invoker Utility Issues
- First, you have to launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Then in the URL section, you have to type chrome://flags and then simply press Enter.
- After press the Enter button, you can see a new page with all the available Google Chrome flags that will
- Now, you have to go for the option Reset all to default near the search bar and then click on it.
- If you want to disable WebGL content in Google Chrome, just search for the option that reads the WebGL Draft Extensions and then you have to disables it.
- Now, you have to re-launch the browser and see for the changes to take effect or not.
After the browser restarts, you have tried to load the website again. If this method resolves the problem, then any website with WebGL content will be able to load without any errors.
Still, if the error exists, then you have to go with the next solution.
Must Check: Error Connecting To Apple Id Server
Solution 3: Fix the Error by Resetting the Google Chrome Browser
It is highly possible that this error appears due to some unintentional settings in Google Chrome that you can’t pinpoint.
Therefore, resetting the Google Chrome browser may fix unintentional settings due to a WebGL error.
To reset Google Chrome, you have to simply follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Then you have to click on the Customize option and control Google Chrome, an option you can find on the top-right corner of the browser.
- Then from the drop-down menu, you have to simply click on the Settings option.
- Now, scroll down and looking for the Reset option and then you have to click on it.
When it was first installed it will reset your browser to the state. Now, you have to re-launch the browser and then try to load the website again.
Still, if you are facing the error, then you have to go with the next solution.
Must Check: Window Update Error 80072efe
Solution 4: Update your Google Chrome
If the browser of your computer has not been updated for a long time, then it is most possible that the error will appear due to the browser being incompatible with the WebGL content.
So, to solve this error, you can update your browser to the latest version.
To update your browser to the latest version, you have to simply follow the steps given below:
- First, you have to launch Google Chrome on your Windows 10 computer.
- Then you have to click on the option Customize and control Google Chrome which you can find on the top-right corner of the browser. If the update is pending for 2 days, then this option will turn green. It will turn orange if the update is pending for 4 days. If the update is pending for 7 days, then it will turn red.
- Then you have to click on the Update Google Chrome and then wait for the process to complete.
- Now, you have to simply re-launch the browser.
Note: If you do not see the option Update Google Chrome, then it means you already have the latest version.
Once you update your browser successfully, then you have to try to load the website. If all the above mention solutions don’t work for you, then it will definitely fix the error “WebGL hit a snag” on your computer.
All the information that we mentioned above will help you to fix the error “Rats! WebGL hit a snag”. Hopefully, this article will be beneficial for you. Now, if you want to share your feedback or if you any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us, we will get back as soon as possible.