Magic Pad: The mouse trackpad is a great feature in the laptops and palmtops. But what if it fails to function or you are bored with the small pad and want to try a new way to use the mouse in a lucrative way. Here is an apple magic trackpad where you can control and interact with the computer or laptop in the same way as an inbuilt trackpad.
The Apple’s magic pad is a wireless mouse where it is powered by the two AA battery and is connected with the pad over a Bluetooth connection.
This multi touch magic pad does not have any buttons and you can perform the same functions wirelessly while sitting at a far distance from your laptop. Tap anywhere to get a single click or do a double click in the same manner as the mouse pad. Scroll pages with two fingers and swipe with four fingers to switch between the running applications.
According to Mat Gemmell who writes that –
“Installed the Magic Trackpad driver in Windows 7 last night and it works just fine. No rotate, pinch, 3- or 4- fingers gesture touch.”
This does not sound too good for the Magic Trackpad on windows, here we have enlisted the steps to get this thing work on your Windows PC (not through the boot camp).
How to Install Magic Trackpad on Windows (Without Boot Camp)
To install the magic pad software and use them with your windows operating system, follow the steps as given below.
- Firstly you have to download the patch which is available for the windows 32-bit as well as 64-bit by visiting Apple’s website.
- Do not run the patch now. It will not work in the Windows desktop as it is only intended to for the users who are running the windows inside a Mac desktop using boot camp. But here we will see how to run it without the use of boot camp.
- Next, you have to download the 7-zip file from the internet. It will extract the contents of the .exe file of the Trackpad software which is zipped in a file.
- When the files will be extracted then it will create a new file called “BootCampUpdate32.msp”.
- Now you have to again extract the contents of the zip file using the 7-zip software.
- Many of the folders will be created and you will find similar files like BootCamp3135.
- You will have to find the file named as “Binary.AppleWirelessTrachpad_Bin”.
- Add a .exe extension at the end of the filename.
- Double click to run this file.
Now all the contents of the file will be installed when you will execute the file. After the set up has been completed it you will be able to pair the magic pad with the laptop.
The trackpad device is available for various versions of the windows as well as mac.
So now we have learned how we can use the magic pad in the windows operation system. In case of any problem just comment in the comment section below and you will be guided by our experts on the same. Do comment your valuable suggestion to us so that we can improve this guide further and provide you with more of these kinds of tips and tricks.