Welcome Readers, this article is offering by the website getupdatedaily.com, and with this article, we are going to share the complete step by step installation guide regarding the Plex on the Kodi. To follow the information of this article carefully, you will be able to Install the Plex on the Kodi successfully.
Using the Plex Media Server software, you will be able to manage movies, music, TV shows, family videos, pictures, and more content from a central location. For those persons who use Kodi on their regular basis, it is good to have the ability to use the Plex within the same application. Both the Kodi and Plex allow you to stream videos and music to your TV and devices but both the applications are very different. The only solution you can decide is to be able to use both. The official Plex Kodi add-on allows you to access your Plex server normally via the Internet.
Install the Plex on the Kodi
Here in this article, we are going to share two methods through which you will be able to install Plex on the Kodi. So now, keep reading and follow the information of this article carefully for a successful installation of the Plex on the Kodi.
What are the Plex and the Kodi?
Plex is a streaming media server that allows you to watch and listen to the downloaded content. This application has clients for the phones, streaming devices, smart TVs, and even Kodi itself. Plex is mainly known for having a polished interface and lots of official online content.
Kodi is a media manager that built to play on your TV. This application allows you to stream your downloaded content or shows, music and movies from the web using the add-ons. Kodi application is mainly known for its flexibility and easy customization.
Reasons to Install the Plex on the Kodi
A Plex Media Server will let you organize all your media on one machine and it will also allow you to automatically download the attractive artwork and information like plots summaries, actors, bios, and more.
Using the Plex application, you will be able to play your media in any location where you connect your smartphone to the access internet connection. Using this application, you will be also able to share your media libraries with your friends and family members which allows for a fun collaboration.
Install the Plex on the Kodi [Complete Installation Procedures]
Here in this section, we are going to share two methods through which you will be able to install the Plex on the Kodi. So now, if you are looking for the complete step by step installation procedures regarding Plex on the Kodi, then you are at the right place. To install the Plex on the Kodi, you just have to read and follow the information of this section carefully.
Method 1 – Install Official Plex Kodi Add-on
- Still, if you have not registered for the Plex Account, then first you have to register for it.
- Once you register, then there first you have to click on the Kodi Add-ons menu item.
- Then you have to click on the open package icon that you can find in the top left corner of that page.
- Then you have to click on the install from the repository.
- Then you have to choose the Kodi repository if you provide multiple
- Then click on the Video Add-ons.
- After that, you have to find the Plex on the list and then install it.
- After installation, you have to launch the Plex Kodi Add-on.
- Then by using the Plex Website and provided code, you have to link the Plex account with the Kodi Add-on.
Method 2 – Install Plex Kodi Connect Add-on
- At first, you have to be sure about the Unknown Sources option should be turned on within the Kodi settings.
- Once you turn on, then you have to click on the File Manage.
- Then you have to name the Repo TP or whatever you would like to assign.
- Now, you have to exit to the Kodi home screen and then click on the Add-ons menu item.
- Then click on the open package icon that you can find on the top left corner.
- Then you have to click on the install from the Zip File and then Choose TP or whatever name that you assigned it in the earlier step.
- Then you have to click on the Plex Kodi Connect Repository zip file and then you have to wait for the install success message.
- After that click on the Install from Repository.
- Then click on Plex Kodi Connect Repository and then choose Video Add-ons.
- Then you have to click on the Plex Kodi Connect Add-on and after that, you have to wait for a successful installation message.
- After installation, you have to launch the Plex Kodi Connect and then you have to go through the setup process.
Hopefully, all the information that we have mentioned above in this article will be beneficial for you. Above in this article, we have discussed the complete step by step installation procedures through which you will be able to install the Plex on the Kodi. Now, if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article or if you want to share your feedback regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us, we will get back as soon as possible.