The Xbox 360 is an amazing home video game console developed by Microsoft and is the successor to Xbox. The Xbox 360 is considered to be the seventh generation of video game consoles and it is one of the toughest competitors of the Sony’s PlayStation 3 and Nintendo’s Wij. This is one of the most addictive gaming consoles that can be easily run with the help of Kodi software.
Install Kodi on Xbox 360 & Xbox One Through UPnP/DLNA
We can easily use the Xbox 360 on the Kodi by installing it on your device. For this, all you need to do is be the streaming device connected to a television set. No official app has been released for the Kodi yet, but still, if you wanted, you can easily use different methods such as Amazon Fire Stick on Xbox 360, using Raspberry Pie 3, LocalCast app on Android, by using an HTPC installed with the Kodi.
What are UPNP and DLNA?
UPnP refers to a universal plug and play. UPnP is a set of network protocols that allow various network devices such as PCs, printers and more to work coordinated and efficiently. This type of architecture structure supports zero-configuration networking and enables you to use the device for networking of electronic devices such as mobile phones, PCs, and home appliances, etc.
DLNA refers to the Digital Living Network Alliance. This configuration system works with cable, satellite, and telecommunication service providers, and at the end helps to protect the data during a transfer. This helps reduce the risk of piracy and therefore provides an additional layer of protection to users.
How to Install Kodi on XBOX 360 and XBOX One through UPnP/DLNA?
- At first, you have to open Kodi on your device and then go to the Settings
- Then you have to go to the Service Settings option and after that go with the Service Settings Toolbar option.
- Now, you have to scroll down the service settings toolbar and then choose the UPnP/DLNA
- After completing successfully, next you have to go with the option “Share My Libraries”, through which you will be able to share your library on the other devices.
- Now, you have to scroll down the toolbar and then simply click on the “Allow Remote Control through UPnP” option to enable it.
- Once you have done this process successfully, then you have to open your Xbox 360 gaming console and then you have to choose the Media Player through which you wanted to go.
- After that, you can see your Kodi application on your gaming console from where you will be able to access it easily.
- Now, you have to go with the video library option from the Kodi Library and then choose the option whichever you wanted to go along with means Latest movies, TV Shows, Sports, and Music Channels, etc.
- Once you have done successfully, then choose the category through which you wanted to go and then stream the unlimited videos from there easily.
Another method of Installing Kodi on XBOX 360 and XBOX One
Here, we are going to share some another method of installing Kodi on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. So now, let’s take a look below.
Method 1: Direct Install Kodi on Xbox 360 via Amazon Firestick
This is one of the easiest methods through which you can do easy installation and access to watch your favorite shows on your TV.
- Open your device and connect your device with the access internet connection.
- Then you have to download and install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick.
- Once you downloaded successfully, then you have to connect the HDMI IN port of your device with the gaming console with the help of Firestick.
- Now, you have to open the Xbox 360 on your device and then go to the Start option followed by the Settings and then TV & OneGuide.
- Now, you have to go with the Devices options followed by Amazon fire stick that will provide you the Fire Stick interface.
- Then go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Application and then > Kodi.
- Now, you will be able to stream unlimited videos on your device easily.
Method 2: Installation of Kodi on Using Localcast App on Android Device
- First, open your device and connect with the access internet connection.
- Once connected, then open your web browser and install the ES File Explorer, Kodi, and LocalCast app on your android device.
- Now, you have to download the PlayerCoreFactory.XML file from your web browser.
- Once you have done successfully with the process, then open the ES File Explorer and then go to the Settings option and check the boxes which will show you various hidden files.
- After that go to the downloaded xml file and then you have to copy it from there.
- Now, go to the option Android/data/org.xbmc.Kodi/files/Kodi/userdata/ and then you have to paste the copied file there which will enable you to stream unlimited data on your device.
Method 3: Installation of Kodi on Using HTPC with Installed Kodi App
- First, open the Xbox One App on your device and then you have to go to the option of Settings > TV & OneGuide.
- Then you have to select Antenna as your zip code and then set your TV, AV receiver and cable box.
- Then add ‘hp’ in the option of the brand which followed by your own code as ‘N1679’ which will start sending IRC commands to HTPC and therefore enables you to stream Kodi on your device.
Method 4: Installation of Kodi on Using Raspberry Pi 3
- At first, you have to connect HDMI IN Port through Pi 3 with the Xbox 360.
- Then open your Xbox One and then you have to go to the option of Start > Settings > TV & OneGuide > Devices > Raspberry Pi 3.
- Now go to the option of Applications menu and then you have to go to the option of Kodi and then install various Add-ons so that to extract best results from it.
Some of the Best Add-ons for Watching the Movies Using Kodi on Xbox 360
- Filmon TV
With this article, we had tried to share the complete information regarding the installation of Kodi on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. We hope this article will be helpful to you. Now, if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us regarding this article.