In case you want to hide the apps in your device when what will you do? There are many of the apps which you probably do not want to show to other people. In that case, you want to hide apps on Samsung. No worry, we will enlist some of the great tactics on how to hide apps on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
If you want to show all apps in the Home Screen then you can choose to hide the app screen in the smartphone of Galaxy.
How to Hide Apps on Samsung
There can be many reasons to hide apps in smartphones such as:
Reasons for Hiding App Screen in Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
In all the Android phones there is an apps screen where all the apps installed in the smartphone are listed. The home screen lists some of the installed apps for the convenience of the users. So both the app screen as well as a home screen are dedicated to different services.
You may have seen that iPhone does not have the separate window for app screen and home screen, still it is most widely used. Samsung has also introduced the feature to allow the user to hide apps screen in Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
There are various roles by which you can segregate the purpose of hiding the apps:
- You get a simple interface: Many of the users face difficulties in differentiating between the home screen and app screen as they never have used the widget screen. So they do not feel any necessity to use the apps screen.
- Show all apps without adding then manually: The configuration can be done in the Google Play Store in such a way that the apps that you install in a new way and that too, You can also get the best app to hide apps on the internet. In case you install the apps from the third party store, then the apps will not be added to the home screen.
- Find Apps Easily: You can now find the apps in one place.
It is to note that you have no option to add several copies of an app shortcut in the Galaxy S8 home screen when you have hidden the app screen.
How to Hide Apps Screen in Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+?
In the Galaxy S8 and S8+, the app screen icon is hidden by default. To access the Galaxy S8 app screen you have to swipe upwards or downwards on the screen. Follow these steps to hide apps screen in Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
Step 1: Go to Settings
In the settings menu, you have to go to display and tap on the home screen.
Step 2: Tap Home Screen Layout
The home screen settings could also be accessed from the home screen edit mode.
Step 3: Select the Option of “Home Screen Only”
By default, there are two options for the home screen layout.
- Home Screen and App Screen: Both the home screen and app screen are independent of each other. Some of the apps that you use frequently could be added in the home screen.
- Home Screen Only: All the apps present in the phone will be merged and displayed in one Samsung Galaxy S8 home screen.
- Then you have to tap on the Home Screen only.
Step 4: Tap on Apply
When you have selected the home screen only option, for confirmation that you want these setting, you have to tap on apply.
You will get the following screen message – “Apply Selected Home Screen Layout? Any customizations you’ve made to the Home Screen will be discarded”.
Now customize the apps in the home screen and enjoy.
When I have Hidden the Apps, How Can I Search those apps?
After you have hidden the apps, they could be searched by the search bar located at the top of the Galaxy S8 apps screen. In case the apps screen is hidden then the search bar will also remain hidden.
In order to search the hidden apps, you have to swipe the screen downwards on the screen and it will open the app search screen. Now you can search for the apps or the other information on the phone as you did in the apps screen.
Now we have understood on how to hide apps on Samsung galaxy smartphones. This article comprises of all the information related to how to find hidden apps on samsung s8 and see the apps once they are hidden. If you are facing any other problem in the usage of your smartphone, you can directly ask us in the comments section below. Our team of expert will reach out to you shortly.