Clearing the cache on any device gives a lot of advantage for the users and it is also beneficial for the device itself. In case you are not aware of the cache process of the devices then no need to worry. Here we will learn the complete details on how to clear cache on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
How to Clear Cache on Galaxy S7
Wiping the cache partition and the differences between clearing the cache partition and app cache through the application manager will be duly explained. So stay with this article till the end to grab the complete information.
What is Cache Partition?
Cache is a region where all the temporary files and data are stored. When you open an application then some of the data of the application is stored in separate storage which is also called as cache partition.
The purpose of the cache partition of a device is to load the data and the apps faster so that a user does not get frustrated by the slow processing of apps or my galaxy s7 is lagging. All the data is stored in a specific format and in a particular location.
Why is the Wiping of Cache Partition Necessary?
When there is too much time elapsed and the apps are frequently opened time to time, they generate the junk and temporary files. These files need to be removed and it becomes absolutely necessary to wipe the cache partition on Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
It is extremely important to wipe up the cache in the following conditions:
- When you have had a major update of OS or any application, it generates a lot of junk files. During the update and rebuilding of partitions, many problems could occur while starting the app.
- When your phone has become too slow and hangs a lot while operation. The storage space becomes insufficient to open more apps due to the accumulation of a lot of files in the memory.
- Internal storage becomes full and phone reboot also does not help in the smooth working of the app. Then it is the time to galaxy s7 clear ram the cache partition.
- When the apps start to crash frequently. You may try to reboot the phone first to see whether the problem persists because sometimes the problem is caused by non-responsive system services.
- When the battery life starts to reduce because of the excessive use of background apps. The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge may face unusual abnormalities and wiping of the cache helps in the smooth functioning of the device.
Is Wiping of Cache Partition Safe for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge?
As the storage fills up the partition it is necessary to delete the files from the partition. It is absolutely safe to wipe out the cache partition and free up the remaining space. So in the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, any of the settings won’t be affected when you clear cache samsung s7 edge partition.
Is the Wiping of Cache Partition in Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge also clears the Internal Storage?
No, any of the internal storage won’t be affected when you wipe out the cache partition. The internal storage and the cache partition is completely different from each other. You can have access to the internal storage from Settings>>Storage in the settings menu.
The cache partition is the fixed reserved storage in the device. However, some of the storage could be cleared up by clearing the cache and helps in smooth functioning of the device. You can go to the application manager and clear the cache partition.
How to wipe Cache Partition on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge?
You can follow these steps in order to clear the cache partition on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge.
- Restart the phone and Start it in Recovery Mode
Press all the three physical buttons – power button, home button and volume buttons until the phone restarts in the recovery mode.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition”
The touchscreen is not available in the recovery mode.
- So use the volume up and volume down button to navigate through the options.
- For selecting the options press the power button.
- Move to the option of Wipe Cache Partition.
- Press the power button to select the Wipe Cache Partition button.
- Make a confirmed Selection
While you are pressing the power button to confirm the selection and use the volume buttons to toggle between the selections.
- Start Wiping the Cache Partition
After making the selection you have to re-format the partition. The formatting takes a minute or two for the formatting process to occur. It may happen that more than a few minutes could also take while formatting the phone.
- Now Start rebooting the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
Once the formatting is over, the phone will normally restart. Use these two options reboot the device.
- Either you can use the option of Reboot System Now which will appear in the recovery menu.
- Or hold the power button for more than 7 seconds.
Difference Between Wiping of Cache Partition and Clearing the Cache Partition in Application Manager
In the menu of Galaxy S7 application manager, you can Clear cache for individual applications in Settings>> Applications >> Application manager >> application data (for individual application) >> Storage.
This operation of clearing cache is different from the cache partition on Galaxy S7 as follows:
- The application cache is stored on your interior memory, not on the cache.
- The application cache is frequently connected with “session” data so you can keep on using the application from where you have stopped the app (obviously, this relies upon usage of individual applications).
- When you reboot the smartphone, application cache will be flashed without any problem.
- You can also use some of the internal storage when you are clearing up the cache partition. Any of the internal storage cannot be used by wiping the cache partition as it is a complete different partition on Samsung Galaxy S7.
Till now we have understood the application of cache and why it is present on various devices. We also learned how to clear cache on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. If you have any further query regarding the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge then you can let us know by commenting in the comments section below.