It is a kinda boring thing to always stare at your PC’s static wallpaper. You may change the wallpaper to make it more interesting so that you do not get bored with your PC. You may have seen many of the websites which offer a dynamic video and gif backgrounds. The same could be applied to your mac and set an animated gif backgrounds and images.
Currently, Mac OS X only supports the static wallpaper and images but there is a feature of Mac utility also called as Mac Utility or GIF Paper by which you can set the moving space background gif to your Mac’s desktop background.
In this guide, we will look upon some of the cool gif backgrounds and steps by which you can inject some cool GIF’s to your Mac desktop background.
Steps to Set Animated Gif Background as Wallpaper on Mac
With these easy simple steps, you can set up the gif wallpaper on your Mac.
- Giphy is the best website from where you can download the GIFs. Alternatively, you can create your own cinemagraphs with Photoshop if you know a little bit of it.
- Download the GIF wallpaper on the device.
- Now you have to download the GIF Paper App from the Dropbox or anywhere on the net. Just extract the contents of the folder to a specific location.
- Now you have to double-click on the GifPaperPregs.prefPane file that will be located inside the folder that you have extracted.
- Install the preferences pane.
- Go to the Mac system preferences panel and click on the GIFPaperPref to open the application.
- Now you have to open the location where the GIF is located.
- Set the scaling to “Axes Independently” and the GIF will be set as the desktop background.
- In case you have multiple desktops then only the current screen wallpaper will be changed.
In case you want to preserve your wallpaper preferences then add the GIFPaperAgent to your Mac login. If you are having the older Mac versions then it is not advisable to set up the animated gif background html as it consumes more of the computer resources.
Now that we have known how we can set up the gif backgrounds which are animated and also looks cool enough for your Mac desktop. In case of any problem just comment in the comment section below and you will be guided by our experts on the same. Do comment your valuable suggestion to us so that we can improve this guide further and provide you with more of these kinds of tips and tricks.