So you have purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 Phone and want to get the features about the buttons.
Galaxy S6 Home Button not Working
As time passes by, the new things get older and obsolete. So is the case with your Galaxy S6 buttons. When you had earlier purchased the smartphone it was working fine and after a couple of months or year the functioning gets distorted and you have to press the buttons hard in order to make it work.
Understanding the Functioning of Galaxy S6 Buttons and Galaxy S6 Edge Buttons
Both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge buttons are almost similar and there are 5 physical buttons in both the handsets. We will see the functioning of each and every button in the Samsung Galaxy S6 buttons. So let us start with the Galaxy S6 Home Button.
Galaxy S6 Home Button
On the front panel of the smartphone below the screen, you will get the Galaxy S6 home button settings. The fingerprint sensor is also placed under the home button. It also scans your fingerprint when you press the button.
- You can turn on the screen by pressing the home button.
- If you have enabled the fingerprint sensor then the phone will automatically unlock and you will land up on the home screen.
- While using any app, you want to return back to the home screen and suspend the app, just press the button.
- When you are surfing the web or any page, then to return to the home screen, press the home button.
- When the phone is unlocked, long press the home button to open Google
- If your galaxy s6 home button sticking away too many times then it is the time to give the smartphone to the service center in order to repair it.
Galaxy S6 Power Button
The Samsung Galaxy S6 power button location is located on the right side of the phone is the power button or the lock button. This button also plays an important role in the Smartphone. You can perform various operations and Samsung s6 edge power button ways using this button.
- In case the phone is switched off and the battery is charged, you can long press the power button to turn on the smartphone.
- When the smartphone is turned on, long press the Galaxy S6 power button to view the power options. The power options that will be displayed are – powering off the phone and rebooting the phone.
- When the screen is turned on then press the Galaxy S6 power button to lock and turn the screen off.
- When the screen is locked, on pressing the power button will turn on the display and is the same as the home screen button but will not unlock the phone.
Galaxy S6 Back Button
It is a touch button placed on the lower right corner of the smartphone adjacent to the home button. The main function of the Galaxy S6 button is to get back to the previous screen when it is pressed.
In some of the settings of the apps, by pressing the Samsung Galaxy S6 back button will exit the app and trace you back to the home screen.
In both the phones, Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge the duration of screen light is not allowed to be re-configured when you press the back or the Recent button. In case you want to change the settings of the light you have to change it by going to the settings menu.
Galaxy S6 Recent Apps Button
The button is located on the lower left corner of the home screen button adjacent to the home screen button. This touch screen button allows a user to open the recent tabs that are running in the background.
The behavior of the apps will depend upon the number of apps opened and the resources of the machine that are being used.
In the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge the recent apps button is also available to use the split-screen app. This is the new feature launched to use two apps at the same time. E.g. you can view the video as well as chat with your friends using the application.
Galaxy S6 Volume Button
These are buttons which are available in a maximum of the smartphones to volume and volume down the sound in the phone. The top button will help you to raise the sound of the phone and the button below it will be used to lower down the volume of the smartphone and the applications.
Some of the apps also use these buttons for kind of special functions. E.g. in the app for messages the volume up button is used to increase the font size and lower button is used to decrease the font size.
In the camera function volume up button is used to zoom in the camera and another button is used to zoom out the camera. In some of the phones, this button is also used to capture the photo. If your Galaxy S6 volume up button not working then you have to press the button hard to make it work as using the button wears out its spring that is inside it.
- Galaxy s6 home button and power button not working
- Galaxy s6 home button sticking
- Samsung home button not working
- Galaxy s6 soft keys not working
- Samsung tablet home button not working
- Galaxy j3 home button not working
- Galaxy s6 recent apps button stuck
- Galaxy s6 home button doesnt go home
Till now we have understood all the functions related to the various Galaxy S6 buttons located on the phone and the steps to resolve the problem if the Galaxy S6 Home Button not Working. If you have any doubts or query related to the Galaxy S6 button functions then you are welcome in the comments section below. Our team will try to resolve your query as soon as possible. Till then keep reading and getting the latest updates on the working of the Smartphone.