Galaxy Lights: Like all the Samsung Android smartphones, they have two capacitive touch buttons which is located on either side of the home button. The left side of the button opens the recent apps and the right side of the button takes you one step backward.
The touch key light could be customized according to the user. Enable or disable galaxy lights on Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. When you touch the key lights then it lights up for a period of time and gives the response that phone has been waked up from the standby mode.
Reason for disabling the Galaxy Lights in S6
There could be certainly two reasons for why you want to disable the galaxie lighting.
- When you are watching your favorite movie in a theatre.
- When you want to increase or decrease the time span of the Galaxy light.
In the previous versions of Galaxy S6, this feature was readily available in the settings. The Galaxy gave full access to the user to change the settings for Galaxy lightings but it is not possible in the Galaxy S6 unless you have purchased the phone from AT&T.
The phones of AT&T i.e. Galaxy S6 (SM-G920A) and Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925F) have the touch key settings features. Other than these, no phones of Samsung Galaxy has the touch key settings and you do not have the option of turning off the Galaxy S6 touch key light.
How Can you use the Touch key Light Settings on Your Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge?
Although Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge do not provide the customization of the key light, still you can change the settings. For this, you have to install an app from the play store called Galaxy Button Lights in your smartphone. Use these simple steps to perform this operation.
Step 1: Installation of Galaxy Button Lights in Galaxy S6 smartphone
You have to install the Galaxy Button lights app from the play store.
- Open the play store which is located in your app screen.
- Type on the search bar – Galaxy Button Lights
- Tap on the Galaxy Button light
- It will open the page where you can install the application.
- Tap on the Install button and tap on Accept.
- Wait for some time to get the app installed in the smartphone.
Step 2: Customization of Galaxy S6 Button Lights in the App
When the app has been installed in the smartphone, you have to open the application to change the settings for galaxy ot light. The app has a very interactive easy to use interface. You will also get three options for the settings.
- Default Settings: This is the default settings that the light will remain on for a period of 1.5 seconds. You can always change the settings and the duration of light after you have touched the screen or the buttons. Move the slider to change the light duration, the maximum light duration is 3 seconds.
- Always On: This option enables the touch light to turn on as long as the screen is on. When the screen will turn off, the touch star lights will also be turned off. This may drain the battery to some extent.
- Always Off: This options permanently disables the touch lights. It will not respond to touch and it will always remain off irrespective of the screen.
Step 3: Save the Settings of Galaxy Lights
When you have customized all the functions of Galaxy S6 touch lights then you have to save the settings to make the changes come in effect. A message will also be displayed to you when the settings will change. Also, tap on Save Button Backlight Behavior to change the settings otherwise the settings will not be saved.
This guide applies to all the Samsung Galaxy S6 versions who do not have the default settings installed on the smartphone.
With this guide, we have learned how to change the galaxy lights settings and customize it easily. To make sure that you got the idea of customization, you can comments with Yes in the comments section below. If you still have any doubt related to the settings then you can contact us by commenting in the comments section below. We will try to give all the possible solution to your queries.