Some errors on the computer are more specific than others. Some errors are so much that they will only affect specific Internet browsers and others do not. This is definitely due to the following error: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR which affects only the Google Chrome Internet web browser.
In this article, which is offering by website getupdatedaily.com, we are going to share the complete information which helps you to fix this error successfully.
Before beginning with the steps, you should have to take in order to fix this error successfully, below in this article, we are going to share with you some beneficial background on this error.
Must Check: How to Disable Laptop Keyboard
SPDY is a networking protocol that is developed by Google. This ensures a fast web page download. As a result, you will experience faster speeds while surfing the web browser. So now, if you are looking to fix this error, then you have to simply read and follow the steps of this article given below.
What is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
There is no doubt that ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is a technical error that only occurs while using the Google Chrome Internet web browser and that the majority of the population uses the Google Chrome web browser and it has become essential to provide a complete guide to the users which is certain features that will help then to solve this error issue.
ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Chrome is believed to be the matter of the security problem and there is nothing serious about this error that you cannot solve. To give you more information about this error then this error was fully supported by Google and when HTTP2 came down into existence it became really useless and unsafe.
This specific error is as common as it is in older versions of Google Chrome, and moreover, the sites that have enabled SSL on their web browsers typically encounter this error.
Most people use VPN or Virtual Private Network so that their personal identities and information are not shared on the other platforms, and people using VPN usually encounter this error on their screen and with the help of guidance they can easily correct this error.
Must Check: Error Connecting To Apple Id Server
When You Encounter the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
SPDY requires the SSL/TLS (Secure Sockets Layer)/ (Transport Layer Security) communication protection for this to work. Many users cause this error while visiting secure websites.
Some of the common examples of secure websites with the HTTPS pages are Google, YouTube, Gmail, etc.
But you can also face this SPDY error while visiting on non-HTTPs websites. This website uses the TCP (Transmission Control Protocol). The SPDY also supports this protocol and it throws the error in order to a user make a visit on these websites.
Although this error is common in the Google Chrome web browser, you can also encounter this error in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
What Causes the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
The culprit is often an old browser.
When you make your visit to a webpage, then your web browser sends a request by using the SPDY protocol. An outdated browser will trigger an older version of the SPDY. Since Google supports only the latest version, there will be an error in your request.
Your web browser will get an ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
When you get the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR, then you may encounter these additional errors also. After resolving the SPDY error, you will not see any of these errors. The errors are:
Must Check: Err_Connection_Closed Mac
- err_spdy_protocol_error nginx
- err_spdy_protocol_error cloudflare
- net::err_spdy_protocol_error nginx
- failed to load resource: net::err_spdy_protocol_error
So now, if you get the SPDY error or any of its variants, then you have to simply read and follow the steps given below and to follow the given below steps, you will be able to fix this error successfully.
How to Fix the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
Here in this section, we are going to share all the possible fixes which help you to fix this error successfully. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about the fixes.
Also Check: Gmail Error 007
Update Your Web Browser
In 70% of cases, updating the web browser will help you to fix this problem.
If you don’t know how to update the Google Chrome web browser, then you have to simply read and follow the steps given below.
- First, you have to move your cursor on the top-right hand corner. There you can see three dots, simply click on it and then there you have to select the Settings option.
- In the left sidebar, you have to click on ‘About’. After the click, a new window will display. There you can see if your web browser is up-to-date or not.
Also Check: GC Invoker Utility Issues
Flush the SPDY Sockets In Google Chrome
Sometimes flushing the SPDY sockets can solve this issue quickly. If you don’t know how to flush the SPDY sockets, then you have to simply read and follow the steps given below.
- At first you have to copy this URL: ‘chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active’
- Then you have to paste this URL into your Google Chrome address bar. Then you have to remove the quotes and then simply hit Enter.
- Then you have to click on the small drop-down arrow which you can find on the upper right-hand corner in the RED strip that you can find on your web browser window. There you have to click on the “Flush Sockets” option.
- Now, you have to close your web browser and wait for a few seconds and then you have to open it again.
- After doing this, you have successfully flushed the SPDY sockets in your web browser.
Must Check: CAMHI For PC
Clear the Temporary Files, Cookies, and Caches
To clear the temporary files, cookies, and caches, you have to simply follow the steps given below.
- In your computer, first, you have to press Window + R keys together.
- After pressing the keys, the Run box will display on your computer screen.
- In that box, you have to type ‘%temp%’ and then hit the Enter key.
- Now, you can see a window will open your computer with lots of small files and folders. You have to select all and then simply press Shift + Delete keys together.
- Now, to clear the cookies and cache, you have to simply open Google Chrome and there go to the History option which you can find in the menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- There you have to go to the Clear Browsing Data and there you have to select the Cookies and Cached option and then simply click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
Use Chrome Cleanup Tool
The Chrome Cleanup Tool is one of the best options for dealing with such kinds of web browser issues.
After download and installing the device, you can run a browser scan. Within a few minutes, this tool will fix all the errors and network issues itself.
Officially, this tool is developed by Google to provide a better browsing experience.
This tool is very useful for removing the unwanted third-party home page toolbars and unexpected browser crashes.
Must Check: SafePrice Remove
Check Your Avast Antivirus Setting
If you are using an Avast Security Antivirus program then you may get SPDY error.
To fix this error, first you have to open the Avast Antivirus application, then you have to go to the Setting and then there you have to click on Web Shield Protection.
Now, you have to add all the URLs that are giving the error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
Must Check: Talkatone Login On Computer
All the information that we mentioned above will help you to fix the error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR successfully. Hopefully, this article will be beneficial for you. Now, if you want to share your feedback or if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can comment below in the given comment section and share your experience with us.