Whenever you have tried to install the .NET framework you must have encountered this error 0x800f0922. Well, this article will help you understand what is error 0x800f0922? why does it occur? And how you can rectify this windows error 0x800f0922? so that you can download and run .net framework smoothly on your system.
To understand what 0x800f0922 error is you need to know what causes error 0x800f0922?
Error 0x800f0922 can be caused due to the following three reasons :
- VPN tool does not allow the update of windows or installation of .NET Framework.
If the error 0x800f0922 is caused due to VPN then it means that the system is not able to connect to the Microsoft Windows Update server.
- To fix this issue disable the VPN connection temporarily on your system so that it can connect to Microsoft windows update and you do not face the error 0x800f0922.
- Reserve Partition of the system is full – During the installation of windows, system reserved partition is created which has a limited space of 500MB in Windows 10.
- If you are trying to update windows and there is not enough space in reserved partition then you will face error 0x800f0922. To fix it you need to expand the space in reserved partition.
- .NET Framework is disabled – The third and last reason that you are facing this error 0x800f0922 when you are trying to install the .NET framework is that the control panel has disabled .NET Framework. To fix this you will need to enable .NET Framework in the control panel.
Solution to Fix Error 0x800f0922
Below you will find a number of solutions to fix error 0x800f0922. Follow the steps given below you will be able to update or install easily on your system.
- Fix VPN issue
Most of the time error 0x800f0922 is caused due to the VPN connection. Try the method given below to rectify it:
Step 1: If you are connected to any office or home network, disconnect from it.
Step 2: Check the VPN software, if it’s on, turn it off.
Step 3: Now it’s time to check whether VPN was causing trouble or not. For this run the required Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade. If it downloads and runs smoothly then you have successfully the error 0x800f0922.
After this, you can connect to your office or home network again and turn on the VPN software as well.
If the error 0x800f0922 still occurs then try the methods ahead.
- Increase the space on reserved partition. Now if you are facing error 0x800f0922 windows update even after trying the VPN method then it can be caused due to lack of space on reserved partition on the system. Here’s how to extend space on system reserved partition on your system, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: First of all download the Minitool partition wizard pro edition from the net. Minitool partition wizard is an easy to use partition manager for windows that helps to move/resize partition, extend system partition, merge/split partition, convert MBR to GPT disk, migrate OS to HD/SSD, and so on.
Step 2: After the installation of the Minitool partition wizard, Create a bootable USB flash drive from Bootable Media given in the wizard.
Step 3: Boot the computer from boot created earlier as mentioned in step 2.
Step 4: Now in Minitool Partition wizard, find system reserved partition, select it and then choose extend partition from the left action panel.
Step 5: Choose the appropriate space from the dialog box that will appear below, by dragging the sliding handle toward the space of your wish.
Step 6: Click on “OK”. And then click on “Apply” from the upper left corner of the window.
Step 7: After the completion of all the above steps update the windows 10 and check if the error occurs.
Many users have faced error 0x800f0922server 2016 which can be easily fixed with the method mentioned above.
- Lastly, if you are trying to install .NET Framework and facing error 0x800f0922 windows 10 then try this solution and you will be able to fix quickly. You are facing this error while installing .NET Framework because it is not enabled on your system. To enable .NET Framework follow the given the steps:
Step 1: Run control panel on your system through any option either from the windows button or by using shortcut key “windows+x” it will open a menu, select control panel from it.
Step 2: In the search box on the control panel window search for “windows features”.
Step 3: Select “windows features turn off or on”. This will open a dialog box containing a number of boxes.
Step 4: Select all the boxes related to the .NET Framework and click on “OK” button.
Step 5: Now start the install of .NET Framework and see the successful installation of it.
This article covers almost all of the causes and methods to rectify the error 0x800f0922 windows 10. You can try all the methods given above one by one to fix the error 0x800f0922. But keep in mind to first read the causes for this error so that you understand what might be causing error 0x800f0922server 2016 in your system and you may not need to try all the methods. So understand the problem and then go for the solution according to the reason behind the occurrence of error 0x800f0922 windows update.